£30,000 – £35,000 a year
Shift and Schedule:
Monday – Friday
Mardon Recycling Machinery Ltd is a market leading recycling equipment business established in 2003. Throughout our 20 years of working within the recycling industry we have worked alongside numerous leading organisations and brands throughout the UK and Europe. Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our team. As a Field Service Engineer your main roles will be servicing, maintaining, installing and repairing a range of balers and compactors, plus other recycling equipment, including semi and fully automatic horizontal balers. The job will require the ability to fault find and think proactively to overcome problems on site. You will have an essential role within the company, ensuring the smooth running of waste equipment whilst maintain customer relations and representing the company. You will work alongside our existing engineers and head office to ensure we are continuously providing exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves in our friendly, flexible working environment and are excited to offer this opportunity for the right candidate to join our team.
Key Tasks and responsibilities:
- To attend breakdowns and complete repairs as required on all recycling equipment at customers sites in our core regions, within a timely and competent manner, working safely to current legislation.
- Conduct routine servicing / preventative maintenance on a range of recycling machinery – primarily balers and compactors
- You will be required to install and decommission the equipment along with completing training with operatives on the safe use of the equipment.
- Submit accurate reports and worksheets for each job attended.
- Complete and submit work sheets to head office in a timely manner via our tablet CRM system.
- Ensure van stock levels are correct.
- Understand and comply with health & safety legislation along with quality procedures, company policies and all other areas of compliance.
- Experienced field service engineer.
- Technically minded.
- Ability to fault find and problem solve.
- Self-motivated with a commitment to represent the company with a high level of professionalism with friendly approachable manner.
- Flexible to working hours with willingness to work overtime when required. (standard working day is 8am – 5pm, however some days require early start times on site)
- Happy to travel to sites, and occasionally stay overnight up to a few nights at a time for large installs or booked repairs
- Adaptable to sudden schedule changes to accommodate emergency breakdowns
- Ability to document work completed, including; worksheets, reports & timesheets via the tablet.
- Strong communication skills, liaising daily with the service department and head office
- Full driving licence essential
- Previous experience within the Recycling industry preferred, but mechanical engineering and maintenance background considered.
- Electrical, Mechanical and Hydraulic fault-finding experience.
- Having worked with Fully and Semi Auto balers desirable but not essential as training can be given.
- IT competent (ability to use basic smart phone & tablet functions essential) but training will be provided.
- Fully stocked company stocked van, power tools, mobile phone, tablet & company credit card.
- Fuel card provided and overnight stay expenses covered.
- 22 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays) PLUS additional Christmas and New Year company closure – 33 days in total.
- Holiday Loyalty Scheme.
- Door to Door pay.
- Company pension.
- Work uniform provided.
- Health & wellbeing programme.
- Employee discount across a range of retail brands.
Monday – Friday 40 hours per week minimum
Occasional overnight stays
Please send all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org