Certified Operator Training
We offer training on any type of waste recycling equipment not just Mardon waste equipment.
It is essential for all your operators to receive recycling machinery operator training. This is a key part of the PUWER regulations (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations), and a commitment to the health and safety of your staff.
Certified training can contribute to internal health and safety objectives and international standards such as ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001.
Mardon recycling always provide training with any new or used equipment we provide, and we can do refresher training at any time.
Recycling Machinery Training Objectives
Recycling Machinery Training Objectives we cover include:
- Advise on use and selection of correct PPE
- Explanation and demonstration of the equipment
- Identification of safety features and locations of emergency stops
- Pre-shift check routine: locking the machine off, visual inspection for damage and condition, start-up/ shut-down procedure
- Control panel operation
- Correct operation of the machine to ensure the most efficient use
- Basic fault diagnosis
- Call out procedure should it be required
- Advice on routine maintenance, inspection and housekeeping
- All trainees receive certificates of competence
- Guidance on achieving the perfect bale and weight, to improve efficiency and financial rebates
The training is also important for teams who have been using compaction equipment for years. Sometimes things can get forgotten, or operators can get into bad habits. Refresher training can help to ensure people aren’t cutting corners or overlooking simple factors that could compromise safety, bale quality or machine durability.